MainMenu

Login Forums Journey Shared Group Forum Journey Shared – Lesson 1: What Do We Want Need And Expect From Our Relationships

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    burgs
    Keymaster

What Do We Want Need And Expect From Our Relationships

[See the full post at: Journey Shared – Lesson 1: What Do We Want Need And Expect From Our Relationships]

burgs
    Keymaster

Hello everyone and welcome to the course. it’s really great to have you all on board. I hope we are going to have an engaging rewarding and enlightening journey over the coming year. hope we can make the forum an integral part of the course.
    I suggest that for privacy you might like to consider giving yourselves anonymous avatars and / or change your names to something anonymous. I totally understand that the work we will be doing is very personal and private and you may want to share ideas and share in dialogue with others in an anonymous way. I think that is totally understandable.
    To do this you can edit your profile by clicking my account button to the right of the page

burgs
    Keymaster

And a note about submitting your responses.
    please note You are not required to submit your responses to all of the lessons. The point is that you take sufficient time to reflect upon your personal responses and where instructed engage in open dialogue with your partner. Please note the specific guidelines on sharing with each other that I will offer with each lesson as we go.
    We will create a platform (google classroom) whereby you may submit responses to me totally confidentially should you wish. This will be up and running in the next few days . I wanted initially to get everyone registered and logged in to this site first of all.

burgs
    Keymaster

Hi everyone. I hope you are enjoying getting set up with the course.
    This weeks exercise is really designed to help us individually recognise the ideas and expectations we may bring to our relatiosnhips from the beginnning
    But for all of you who are already in long term relationships perhaps the most significant part of the lesson is the reflection on how our attitudes, desires and needs may have changed over the time we have been with our partner.
    One of the challenges any long term relationship will face is transforming and adjusting around shared values, needs and expecations as they change. The obvious one here is the likely fact that sexual chemistry may initally be one of the stronger magnetising factors in the early stages, but may not always be be so. (We will explore sexual chemistry and how it can be nurtured in a later part of the course). Allowing this to change and be replaced by other areas of connection is important to the evolution of a relationship. Another area, which we will look at later on, is how do we allow the differences in our personal needs to be accommodated and embraced within the context of our relatiosnhip?
    This leads on to many other areas of exploration of course, like the level of of independence we each require and maintian and how our needs for independence may be different and may change over time. I just throw these few ideas out there for you to consider. do feel free to share comments and even to start new threads in the genreal or the male or female forums.

Lotus
    Participant

It worked. Go into My account, change your first and last name then scroll down & update just those. Then go back into my account again and this time when you click on Display name, your new updated first & surname will contain your new name as an option. Scroll down & update.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.