MainMenu

Login Forums Journey Shared Group Forum Journey Shared – Lesson 6: Resolving Conflict and Turning Differences into Strengths Reply To: Journey Shared – Lesson 6: Resolving Conflict and Turning Differences into Strengths

Lil Rabbit
Participant

Hello @ Burgs and everyone else
I often feel that my inner “Buddha nature” is most difficult to connect to and my mind most difficult to control within the context of my relationship. It is as if I am aware of the behavioral choices I have and how they will affect the other person, yet sometimes I am unable to control myself from doing / saying things that are not necessarily kind, thoughtful, or loving to my partner. I feel frustrated by this inability to control the reactions of my mind and in the end my actions seem to hurt me the most due to the disappointment I feel in not being able to maneuver the way I would like to. It is as though my mind is one step behind and goes rogue at the last minute. I often say that this is not a problem in other areas of my life, only with my partner. However, I do wonder if this habit pattern would continue with a different partner. How can I better navigate the selfish tendencies of my mind? Thank you.