MainMenu

Login Forums Give Back Generation Forum Course: Give Back Generation – Lesson 10 Reply To: Course: Give Back Generation – Lesson 10

burgs
Keymaster

~I spent the day today meditating on what has changed in the way our consciousness is functioning over the past 20 years since I have been teaching. It brought me back to two movies which I watched again this afternoon for the first time in a long time. I remember the profound effect they both had on my at the time and reconnected me to an spiritual innocence that I feel was still intact back then, not just in me but upon the planet.I feel that something akin to this was the very portal that opened us up so profoundly to the sacred when we encountered it in any state of receptivity. I wonder what the effect of over exposure might be in these days where we have access to everything everywhere. The two movies were:
Baraka( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19uks0YagCY ) and Koyaanisqatsi (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4MXPIpj5sA). The latter of course looks dated now being made in 1982. However I found myself,while watching them again doing so with the eyes that I had back then. I felt the living presence of the sacred on the planet and our deep innate and instinctual capacity to connect to it. It is an energy that I have felt receding over the past 8 years or so and considerably so in the last 3 or 4 years. I wonder if any of you are feeling that, or if you are able to feel it upon reflection. The feeling that we could step out into the world in search of spirit and come across it in so many places and in so many varied ways across the planet. I think perhaps part of the feeling of its fading is coming from the homogenisation that globalisation and globalised communication has brought about. It is an ongoing area of exploration for me as I look deeply at what would be entailed in any efforts to re install the sacred back into life more generally and into our lives individually. I would love to know what people think about this. if feels relevant now as we come together to give thanks and offer prayer for our sacred earth.