MainMenu

Login Forums Give Back Generation Forum Course: Give Back Generation – Give Back List Reply To: Course: Give Back Generation – Give Back List

Thursa
Participant

I have seen some of the communites that exist through an organisation called Radical Routes – who give grants or loans to people who want to pool their resources of land and housing. I stayed briefly in one of these places – a large peice of land and a rambling farmhouse where about five families organically farmed and found sustainable ways to live. I was struck by the happiness there, the huge smiles, the warmth. The children had an extended family of playmates, the parents had mutual support. They shared a permaculture philosophy, and had a meeting room where they took all their major decisions together, and learned together how to cope with the slings and arrows of their alternative life. It worked well.

Yes, Burgs, Community is the answer! I really believe that. Too many of us live lonely lives in outsided houses full of ‘stuff’. Especially the older generation. There has to be a better way.