MainMenu

Login Forums Living Dhamma Forum Course: Living Dhamma – Week 28 Reply To: Course: Living Dhamma – Week 28

Anonymous
Inactive

Yes, yes, YES! I totally agree but have done nothing to set up such a community personally. Like minded friends yes, but actually a functioning community, no. So thank you, thank you, thank you all for being the pioneers. I’m currently setting up a self employed means of living that will make life much, much simpler and satisfying and that will be joyfully received by people that I work for, all of which can be done via the internet and postal system so I can live anywhere. I don’t own a home so it may mean I can’t save for a deposit as quickly or will need to share space with others, or carry on renting a smaller space, but I’m at the point where this seems the only honest way forward. I have also started working on various anonymous ‘kindness missions’ to spend time consciously doing it rather than just as it happens – your suggested Dana projects as it truly makes me happier than almost anything. The bit I am lacking in is sharing this with others everyday, as a base of living. That’s the next step. Any room at the Inn? 😉 It looks utterly stunning in the video btw and I’d love to come out there and stay a while. I was talking about all of this with a friend the other day and she mentioned this quote which seems quite apt: The next Buddha may take the form of a community -a community practicing
understanding and loving kindness, a community practicing mindful living.
This may be the most important thing we can do for the survival of the
earth.

Thich Nhat Hanh

What a lovely vision 🙂