THE ART OF BREATHING
STARTS 16TH JANUARY 2015
This 12 week foundation course is designed to help you systematically build a deep and stable home meditation practice. It takes a detailed look at how to develop strong concentration, mindfulness and serenity / mental calm, before going onto investigate how we can use meditation to dig out and release the negative habit patterns of the mind and bad reactions in the memory.
The course also incorporates aspects of yogic / taoist breath work and some introductory chi kung practice to refine and balance the body and nerve system.
You will learn:
1. How to set up your practice at home properly, with clear guidance and support.
2. The difference between concentration and mindfulness, and how to develop both of these qualities in your mind.
3. To develop and balance both higher levels of mental energy and serenity.
4. Transform negative habit patterns and attitudes into positive ones.
5. Chi Kung and breathing exercises to increase levels of vitality and mental clarity.
As with all our online courses, you are supported at every step of the way. You will have secure access to a dedicated section of the website where you can access the course material and share comments with other course participants. You can also seek personal guidance from the teacher if you should need further clarification at any stage.
Further reading is suggested. Relevant sections of Burgs’ book “The Flavour of Liberation” will be available for free on the course website. You may wish to buy this book if you would like to put the relevant sections into their wider context and refer to the full comprehensive guide of meditation.
Type ONLINE COURSE
Start Date 16TH JANUARY 2015
Duration 12 WEEKS